The Count On Me stamp set has the cutest little characters and greetings. I used the Mirroring Technique to make the 2nd bear in the opposite direction. For fun, I decided to watercolour one of the bears and colour the other bear with Stampin’ Blends. 🙂
- Polished Pink: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic Black: 4″ x 5 1/4″ AND 5/8″ x 2 1/4″
- Watercolor Paper: 3 3/4″ x 5″
This bear was watercoloured
This bear was coloured with Stampin’ Blends
- Watercolour layers of Polished Pink onto the Watercolor Paper using an Aqua Painter. To do this, you can press the ink pad on a Stamping Block, then wet your Aqua Painter brush and mix the colour to lighten it before colouring the paper. Let layers of the colour dry before adding the next layer. I generally added colour around the edges, then pulled the ink into the middle.
- Adhere the watercolour paper to the Basic Black and then to the card base.
- Stamp the bear using Memento ink onto a piece of Watercolor Paper. Let the ink dry.
- Press the Cinnamon Cider ink pad on a stamping block, then use the Aqua Painter to watercolour the bear. Put darker ink on the outside of the bear, then pull colour towards the rest of the bear.
- Press the Polished Pink ink pad on a stamping block, then colour the heart using an Aqua Painter.
- Water down the Polished Pink ink on the block, then use the light pink colour on the bear’s nose.
- Cut around the bear using Paper Snips. Add to the card using Dimensionals.
- MIRROR IMAGE TECHNIQUE: Stamp the bear a few times with Memento Black Ink onto the Silicone Craft Sheet using the Stamparatus. Press a piece OF Shimmery White cardstock on the Silicone Sheet to pick up the colour and create a mirror image of the bear. Add to the card using Dimensionals.
- Use the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend to colour the bear and the Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend to colour the nose. Adhere to the card using Stampin’ Seal Adhesive.
- Use a Versamark ink pad to stamp the greeting on a piece of Basic Black ink. Sprinkle White Emboss Powder on the cardstock, tap off the excess and heat with the Heat Tool until glossy. Tip: You can rub a dryer sheet on the black cardstock before sprinkling on the powder so that it takes some of the static out of the paper and the powder doesn’t stick where you don’t want it to.
- Add the greeting to the card using Dimensionals.
- Colour a piece of white Baker’s Twine with the dark Polished Pink Stampin’ Blend. Let dry. Tie it in a small bow and cut the ends. Add the bow to the bear’s head using a Glue Dot.
QUICK LINKS & PROMOS:
- NEW: August-December 2021 Mini Catalogue English French
- NEW: Sale-A-Bration Sales Brochure English French
- 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue –
View PDF here: English French See products online
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- Jo-Jo’s Stamping Essentials– click here
- Clearance Rack – click here
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIPS