I had a really fun time making this card with the Spotlighting Technique. The Daisy Garden stamp is big and basically fills the entire front of a card. The new Picture This Dies make it super easy to create this card! 🙂
- Polished Pink: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Granny Apple Green: 3 3/4″ x 5 1/8″ Stitched Rectangle Die
- Shimmery White Cardstock: 2 3/4″ x 5″
1. Use the Stamparatus to ensure that you have a nicely stamped dark image. The Stamparatus has small grid paper available and I put that on the bottom of the Stamparatus before stamping. Instead of using the magnets, I put Washi Tape where I knew the stamp would not cover.
2. Press the plate down firmly and try to push in all spots.
3. I missed part of the image, so I reinked the stamp and press it down again. 🙂
4. You will need 2 stamped cardstock to make this card.
5. Colour the flowers and leaves that will be in the circles that will be cut out by the die. I kept placing the die on top of the image to get an idea of where to colour. I coloured the whole flower with the Light Polished Pink Blend, then about 3/4″ of the petals with the Dark Polished Pink Blend, then 1/4″ of the petal with the Dark Melon Mambo. I then used the Light Polished Pink Blend to pull the colours out from the middle to the ends. Once I coloured the leaves and flowers, I used the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend to fill all the “white space” on the circles.
6. Cut out the circles with the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the die.
7. You can use the remaining template if you need help with placement.
8. Add the Stitched Circles on top of the cardstock using Dimensionals. (Wait to add the bottom right circle until you have put on the ribbon)
9. Cover the word “Birthday” on the stamp with Washi Tape.
10. Ink the stamp with Polished Pink, then remove the washi tape before stamping on the Shimmery White cardstock.
11. Cut out using the die, then add to the card using a Dimensional.
12. Cut out a Granny Apple Green cardstock using the 3 3/4″ x 5 1/8″ Stitched Rectangle Die.
13. Adhere the Shimmery White cardstock to the Granny Apple Green cardstock.
14. Use the Dark Polished Pink Blend to colour a piece of ribbon. Let dry. Wrap the ribbon around the 2 layers of cardstock, adhere the ends to the back. Use a smaller piece of ribbon to tie a knot around the first ribbon.
15. Add the layers to the card using Stampin’ Seal Adhesive.
16. Add gems
QUICK LINKS & PROMOS:
- NEW: August-December 2021 Mini Catalogue English French
- NEW: Sale-A-Bration Sales Brochure English French
- 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue –
View PDF here: English French See products online
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- Jo-Jo’s Stamping Essentials– click here
- Clearance Rack – click here
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIPS