Don’t you just love this little hedgehog from the Walk in the Woods stamp set? For the watercolouring, I only used 3 different colours and depending on the amount of water I used with the ink, it gave me different shades.
- Stamp Sets: Walk In The Woods Cling Stamp Set (152618);
- Cardstock: Balmy Blue 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock (146982); Crumb Cake 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock (120953); Granny Apple Green 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock (146990); Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock (100730); Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper (149612)
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (132708); Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad (147105); Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Pad (147095); Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad (147116)
- Tools & Accessories: Water Painters (151298); Stitched Nested Labels Dies (149638); Linen Thread (104199); Paper Snips (103579); Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack (153620); Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (148544); Bone Folder (102300); Stampin’ Seal+ (149699); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Balmy Blue Card Base: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Crumb Cake Cardstock : 4” x 5 ¼”
- Cut Balmy Blue cardstock for the base and fold using a Bone Folder for the crease.
- Stamp the image of the mushrooms and grass randomly on Crumb Cake cardstock using the matching ink pad.
- Colour the white ribbon from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack using the Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend and let dry for a minute. (Tip: I coloured both sides of the ribbon).
- Adhere the ends of the ribbon to the back of the Crumb Cake layer and add cardstock to the card using Stampin’ Seal+.
- Stamp the hedgehog on Watercolor Paper, then cut out using the 4 ½” Stitched Nested Labels Die.
- Cut out a Granny Apple Green Stitched Nested Label using the 4 ¾” Die.
- Use the Medium-Sized Water Painter to colour the hedgehog, the sky and the grass. (Tip: I used one of my stamping blocks as my palette and pushed some ink on to it from the ink pad. I then squeezed some water on to the block and mixed it a bit with the colour before colouring). Set aside to dry.
- Adhere the two labels together, and then add to the card using Stampin’ Seal+.
- Stamp the leaves on Granny Apple Green cardstock and cut them out using Paper Snips. Put a little adhesive to one side of the top leaf and adhere them together.
- Tie a bow around the stems of the 2 leaves using Linen Thread and add them to the card using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting with Memento ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out using Paper Snips. Add the greeting to the card using Dimensionals.
QUICK LINKS & PROMOS:
- Bonus Days- for every $60 you spend in July; you get a $6 coupon in August- go to store
- July 2020 Bundle of the Month– click here
- Jo-Jo’s Stamping Essentials– click here
- Clearance Rack – click here
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIPS