The Hey Birthday Chick stamp set is perfect for colouring!
I used Stampin’ Blend Markers to colour and I couldn’t decide exactly how I wanted to colour the chicken, so I made 2 different versions.
- Smoky Slate: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic Black: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Shimmery White: 3 3/4″ x 5
- Stamp the chicken and the greeting on the Shimmery White cardstock using Memento ink.
- Colour the chicken with Stampin’ Blends. Add dots of Chalk Marker in various spots.
- To colour the balloon, I started with a layer of dark Crumb Cake Blend Marker on the right-hand side of the balloon. Cover with the dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend leaving a small circle uncovered. Use the light Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend to fill in and blend the darker colours. Use the Chalk Marker to add a highlight on the balloon.
- Make a large outline around the chicken using the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend.
- Stamp another chicken and balloon on scrap paper to create a mask and cut out using Paper Snips. (You don’t have to be very careful). Use the mask to cover the coloured chicken and balloon.
- Use the Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blend to tap on something so that you create specks around the image.
QUICK LINKS & PROMOS:
- NEW Sale-A-Bration (Jan-Feb) 2021 – click for brochure ENGLISH FRENCH
- NEW January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue –
View PDF here: English French See products online
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- Jo-Jo’s Stamping Essentials– click here
- Clearance Rack – click here
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIP