Did you know that next month (Feb. 2021), Stampin’ Up! will have dies to go with the Hey Birthday Chick stamp set AND they are bringing back the Hey Chick stamp set with new coordinating dies! 🙂
I really enjoyed colouring this card with fun colours!
- Mango Melody: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/2″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Real Red: 3″ x 5 1/4″
- Shimmery White: 2 3/4″ x 5″
- Stamp the chicken & greeting on the Shimmery White cardstock using Memento Black ink. Let dry for a short time or heat set to speed up the process to ensure that the ink does not smear when colouring.
- Use the Stampin’ Blends to colour the chicken. I started with the Dark Real Red, then Light Real Red, then Dark Mango Melody and lastly Light Mango Melody. I did a lot of blending by using the Light Real Red and the Light Mango Melody in a circular motion.
- Outline the chicken with the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend.
- Create a mask by stamping the chicken on scrap paper and cutting it out. Add it on top of the coloured chicken, then tap the Dark Real Red and the Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blends against something so that it creates specks on the card.
- Colour the ribbon using the Dark Real Red Stampin’ Blend. Add it to the card by adhering the ends to the back of the card. Use a smaller ribbon to wrap around it and tie it in a knot.
- Use the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing to add texture to the Basic White cardstock.
- Adhere all the layers to the card then add 3 Mango Melody Artistry Blooms Sequins.
QUICK LINKS & PROMOS:
- NEW Sale-A-Bration (Jan-Feb) 2021 – click for brochure ENGLISH FRENCH
- NEW January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue –
View PDF here: English French See products online
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- Jo-Jo’s Stamping Essentials– click here
- Clearance Rack – click here
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIP