Create a unique look for your cards by stamping images with Shimmer Paint.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Serene Snowflakes (115438)
- Paper: Whisper White (100730), Bashful Blue (105120), Night of Navy (100867) Cardstock
- Accessories: Night of Navy 5/8 Satin Ribbon (120932), Platinum Shimmer Paint, Antique Brads (117273), Basic Rhinestones (119246), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sponge Daubers (102892)
- Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting System (113439), Top Note (113463), Square Lattice Embossing Folder(119976), Paper Piercer (116631)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
Night of Navy
- 8.5 x 5.5 for card base
- 4 X 5.25
- 4.25 x 5.5 for Top Note
- Apply Shimmer Paint directly to stamp using a sponge dauber
Stamp as desired
Tips and Tricks: This is a great technique to use when you don't have the tools for heat embossing and still want the impact of silver stamped images. Be on the lookout for globs of paint before you stamp to ensure you have a crisp image.
- Fold card base in half.
- Run Bashful Blue cardstock through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
- Cut a Whisper White Top Note using the Big Shot. Then flip the Top Note and lie it on the die so that the ends are overlapping the sides and then run through again to get a square.
- Stamp snowflakes using Shimmer Paint and set aside to dry.
- Attach ribbon to the Bashful Blue panel by tucking edges in behind and tying a cheater bow. Attach to card base using SNAIL.
- Set brad through large snowflake using Paper Piercing tool. Attach to base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Top off brad with a rhinestone.
Shimmer Paint is truly one of the most versatile products around offering you lots of looks and techniques! To add it to your stash, you can shop online 24/7 here.