It's so nice to begin to stamp with SPRING sets using…brighter, cheery colours! I'm so ready for spring! This card is one of my favourites that I've stamped lately…we made it at my last CARD CLASS.
Did you know that I hold a card class the 2nd Friday of each month? It's been so great meeting new people and introducing them to stamping. This month, I'm hosting 2 card classes…my next one is this Wed (Mar. 16th). If you want to come, register here! We'll be making 5 cards for only $15 or you can get the class for FREE if you spend $30 in products!
Click here to see all my upcoming classes. If you'd like to plan a private class with just you and your friends, give me a call or email!
Spotlighting is a technique that falls under "oldie but goodie" and is a quick and easy way to highlight any image. In this case, only a portion of the image is watercolored for maximum impact.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Easter Blossoms (W121905/C122057)
- Ink: Soft Suede Classic (115657), Soft Subtles Watercolor Wonder Crayons (119802)
- Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Pink Pirouette (105118), Soft Suede (115318)
- Accessories:), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Rose Red Breeze Seam Binding (XX), Basic Pearls (119247)
Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting System (113439), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (119976) , Decorative Label Punch (120907), Wide Oval Punch (119859), Blender Pens (102845)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- 5.5 x 8.5 for card base
- 4.25 x 3.25 to mat image
- Scrap for punched Decorative Label
- 4 x 5.25 for embossed mat
- 4 x 3 for stamped image
- Scrap for stamped highlight
- Stamp image as desired.
- Stamp image again on scrap of same paper and punch with the punch of your choice. Here a 1 ¼ Circle was used. Then color image as desired.
- Match up the punched image and align on top of the main stamped image.
- Cut and fold card base in half.
- Run Soft Suede piece through Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
- Wrap seam binding around embossed panel and secure with SNAIL. Attach to card base with SNAIL.
- Stamp image on Very Vanilla and attach to the Pink Pirouette mat. Attach to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Follow directions for the spotlighting as above – color with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a Blender Pen. Punch with 1 ¼ Circle Punch. Attach with Stampin' Dimensionals and add pearls to centre of the flowers.
- Stamp greeting in Pink Pirouette on Very Vanilla and punch with Wide Oval Punch. Punch Decorative Label out of Pink Pirouette and then layer greeting on top with SNAIL. Attach to card with SNAIL.
Easter Blossoms is one of the most versatile stamp sets in the Occasions Mini, and a must-have for your Spring and Easter projects. You can shop online 24/7 in my store and have it delivered right to your door.