Learn how to add embossing detail to a focused area this week. Perfect for adding a bit of shine with clear embossing powder as on the bells above.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Bell and Boughs (W120831/C121142), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
- Ink: Crumb Cake (121030), Early Espresso (119670), Basic Black Classic Ink (101179), More Mustard (100076), Early Espresso (119680), Cherry Cobbler (119681) and Always Artichoke (105113) Stampin' Write Markers
- Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Basic Black (121045), Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper (120810), Newsprint Designer Series Paper (117166)
- Accessories: SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Antique Brads (117273), 1/8 Basic Black Taffetta Ribbon (119261)
- Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting System (113439), Two Tags Bigz Die (115954), Versamarker (100901) Heat Tool (100005), Clear Embossing Powder (109130)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- 8.5 x 5.5 for card base
- 4 x 5.25 for card mat
- Piece for tag die
Deck the Halls
- Strip of holly designer paper for strip on bottom of tag
Newsprint Designer Series Paper
- 5.25 x 2.5, and then torn
- Take Versamarker and color where you want to add the embossing detail. This is a great way to add clear embossing powder over colored images.
- Add embossing powder and tap off excess.
- Heat set until it becomes shiny. (It's hard to see here but the bells become shiny!)
Tips and Tricks:
- Using the Versamark, you can add clear embossing powder to highlight images on your card, fill in areas, etc.
- The Versamark is a great way to fix stamped images that you've embossed and haven't turned out as you wish.
- Take card base and fold in half.
- Take designer series paper with music notes from the Newsprint Designer Series Paper and tear gently. Ink edges with Crumb Cake Classic Ink. Attach to Basic Black Cardstock with SNAIL. Attach to card base with SNAIL.
- Cut large tag using Big Shot out of Crumb Cake Cardstock.
- Stamp holly images randomly on tag using Crumb Cake Classic Ink.
- Stamp greeting with Early Espresso on right top side.
- Add strip of Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper to bottom of tag. Top off with strip of Basic Black ribbon with SNAIL, trim off edges.
- Stamp bells on left hand side in Basic Black and color in with markers.
- Take Versamarker and carefully color over the stamped/colored image. Add clear embossing powder and tap off excess. Heat set until it is shiny.
- Add vintage brad through hole on tag.
- Attach tag to card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Get out that Versamark and see where you can use embossing powder to add a little unexpected pop to your projects.