This week's technique puts the focus on a technique where you just need stamps, ink and paper! Sponged Spotlighting is a simple and effective technique that can you easily adapt for use with any of your punches or dies.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Just Believe (W116948/C120453)
- Ink: Early Expresso (119670), Chocolate Chip (100908), So Saffron (105213), Peach Parfait (119783) Classic Inks
- Paper: Early Expresso (119686), Peach Parfait (119794), Confetti White (102028)
- Accessories: Basic Pearls (119247), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Sponges (101610)
- Tools: Big Shot Machine (113439), Circles #2 Die (114526)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- Card Base: 4.25 x 8.5
- Mat for stamped image: 3.25 x 3.25
- Mat for inside: 3.25 x 3.25
- Stamped Image Panel: 4 x 2
- Stamped Image: 3 x3
- Card inside: 3 x3
This technique works with any stamped image that you want to make glitter!
- Create template for sponging using punch or Big Shot Die. Circles #2 Big Die is used on this project.
- Centre template and sponge ink as desired. Both Peach Parfait and So Saffron Classic are used to create a sun-like effect.
Stamp images on top as desired.
- Fold card base in half. To create a z-fold, fold front panel back at half way point.
- Create spotlight and stamp leafy image in Chocolate Chip, and greeting in Early Expresso. Affix to Chocolate Chip Mat with SNAIL.
- Attach inside panels together and attach to inside of card.
- Using inside as a guide, attach front panel using SNAIL. Be sure to avoid putting it on the portion that will overlap the inside piece.
Think of all the possibilities you could create with sponged spotlighting. Stars, Circles, Flowers and more! To order any of the supplies used for this technique, please visit my online store and shop 24/7.
To join my INKredible Canadian Divas Team and be part of an amazing team who love to share ideas and stamp together, click here (password: stampingjo)
Live in Winnipeg? Want to learn some great card ideas? Need to get ready for your Christmas cards? Click here to schedule a date for a Chicks & Chocolate stamping stamping party! You supply the Chicks & Chocolate…I'll supply the FUN!