This week's technique is perfect for using up your scraps and creating a stunning focal point for cards and scrapbook pages. Get out your scrap designer series paper and let's get started.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Perfect Punches (W117022/C120516)
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler (119669)
- Paper: Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Old Olive Cardstock(100702), Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper (117159)
- Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (120992), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430),
- Tools: Big Shot (113439), Top Note Bigz Die (113463), 1 ¾ Scallop Circle Punch (119854), 1 3/8 Square Punch (119877)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- 8.5 x 5.5
-Designer Series Series Paper
- Scraps of four patterns – enough to punch out three squares of each
- 4.25 x 5.5 piece for quilted portion
- Scrap for stamped and punched greeting
- Punch three squares out of each pattern for a total of 12 squares.
- Arrange patterns as desired; attach to base with SNAIL
- Run through Big Shot using Top Note Die
- Use up your scraps by punching squares from 12 different patterns to create a unique focal point.
- Play with the arrangement of your pattern to create different looks.
- Use three or four strips of Designer Series paper and then run through Big Shot for a more cohesive look.
- Take card base and fold in half.
- Wrap Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding around finished Quilted Top Note and secure with SNAIL.
- Attach Top Note panel to card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting in Cherry Cobbler classic ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and punch out with scallop circle punch. Attach to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Get out those scraps and see what you can create. Remember you can easily apply this same idea to other shapes cut with the Big Shot to have one of a kind elements for all of your projects!