This card features a fun embossing technique that you may not have tried before – faux embossing. You can get an embossed look without needing anything besides stamps and ink. Here's how you can do it – let's get started!
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Upsy Daisy (111710), Watercolor Trio (117050)
- Ink: Tempting Turquoise Classic (100814) , Whisper White Craft Ink (101731)
- Paper: Whisper White Cardstock(106529), More Mustard Cardstock (100946), Tempting Turquoise Cardstock(102067)
- Accessories: Pumpkin Pie ¼ Grosgrain Ribbon (109030), Stampin' Dimensionals (104330)
- Tools: Big Shot (113439), Lattice Embossing Folder (119976), Stampin-Ma-Jig (101049), Large Oval Punch(107035) , Ticket Corner Punch (107214)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- Card Base: 8.5 x 5.5
- Mat for Stamped Image: 3.25 x 4.25
- Card Mat for Embossing: 4 x 5.25
- Scrap for stamped and punched greeting
- Stamped Image: 3 x 4
Use a single solid image stamp for this technique, like Upsy Daisy.
- Take a solid image stamp and stamp image in color that is the same as the paper you wish to use.
Clean the image, and then using a Stampin-Ma-Jig, stamp overtop, slightly offset in Whisper White Craft ink.
Note: If you aren't sure how to use the Stampin-Ma-Jig – check out this video from Angie Juda on YouTube
- Fold card base in half and make crease with bone folder.
- Run Whisper White 4 x 5.25 piece through Big Shot with the Lattice Embossing Folder.
- Take Pumpkin Pie ribbon and attach to embossed piece with SNAIL on back, wrapping ribbon around the sides. Attach to card base with SNAIL.
- Take More Mustard 3.25 x 4.25 piece and Tempting Turquoise 3 x 4 piece and use Ticket Corner punch on all four corners. SNAIL the Tempting Turquoise to the More Mustard piece and attach to card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.