A few years ago when Boho Backgrounds was released, it was one of the more popular sets, but as we get new sets, we all tend to forget about old ones in our stash. Over the past week, I've been going through my stamps and putting aside all of the retiring ones, including this one!
This card features Boho Backgrounds along with Medallion in a fun technique called Emerging Colour. Here's a quick tutorial on this technique and how to make this card:
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Medallion (115223), Boho Backgrounds (114940)
- Ink: Versamark (102283), Melon Mambo Classic (115656), Rich Razzleberry Classic (115658), Regal Rose Classic (105211)
- Paper: Whisper White Cardstock(106529), Melon Mambo Cardstock (115320)
- Accessories: Melon Mambo Polkadot Grosgrain (115611),Clear Embossing Powder(109130), Ice Circle Brads(109111), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104330)
- Tools: Heat Tool (100005), Piercing Tool (116631), 1 3/8 Circle Punch (104401), Brayer (102395)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- Card Base: 8.5 x 5.5
- Card Mat: 4 x 5.25
- Scrap for stamped flower
You will need at least two stamps for this technique, a bold solid image stamp and a smaller one to create the background.
- Randomly stamp images on Whisper White card base. For this card, the background is stamped with the small flower image from Boho Backgrounds in Melon Mambo. Completely cover the entire background.
- Stamp large background image over top in Versamark. Cover with clear embossing powder and heat until embossing powder is fully melted.
- Take your brayer (or a sponge) and a dark colour (for this card Rich Razzleberry) and completely cover your background. Take a Kleenex and wipe any ink off embossed image. The background should now show through the large to create your emerging color. Here's what the finished product should look like:
- Add Melon Mambo ribbon to stamped panel with SNAIL as shown. Tuck one edge under to get a clean edge.
- Stamp large flower image in Regal Rose and punch out with 1 3/8 circle punch. Set purple brad through centre of flower, and then attach to the middle of the Medallion with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Be sure to take a look at the list of retiring stamps and stock up before they are gone! Visit my online store and go to the last chance list section to check out all the sets that are leaving us.