This week's technique, Emboss Resist, enables you to get a wide variety of looks with some basic heat embossing, sponges and classic ink.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Day of Gratitude (W120835/C121148)
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry (115658), Pumpkin Pie (105216), Versamark (102283)
- Paper: Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Rich Razzleberry (115316)
- Accessories: Antique Brads (117273), Rich Razzleberry 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon (119259), Stampin Sponges (101610), Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806), Gold Embossing Powder (109129), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting System (113439), Petals a Plenty Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (116824), Heat Tool(100005), Paper Snips (103579), Paper Piercer (161631)
Other: Spray Bottle, Rubbing Alcohol
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- Card Base: 4.25 x 4.25
- Embossed Piece: 2.75 x 4.25
- Piece for embossing
- Emboss medallion image from Day of Gratitude with Gold Embossing Powder on Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Sponge Rich Razzleberry classic around the edge, and Pumpkin Pie in the centre of the image.
- Take a Kleenex to wipe any extra ink off embossed detail.
Bonus Techniques – Shimmer Paint Spray
- Place rubbing alcohol in a small spray bottle.
- Add 5-6 drops of Shimmer Paint and shake well.
- Spray embossed panel with shimmer paint mixture.
- Take card base and fold in half.
- On bottom right corner stamp greeting as shown in Rich Razzleberry.
- Run 2.75 x 4.25 Rich Razzleberry panel through Big Shot with Petals A Plenty Embossing Folder. Spray with shimmer paint mixture and set aside to dry.
- Cut out emboss resist medallion with paper snips and set antique brad in the middle.
- Attach embossed piece to the card base with SNAIL.
- Affix Rich Razzleberry ribbon along the seam under the embossed piece with SNAIL, cut off edges so they are square with the edge.
- Attach medallion with Stampin' Dimensionals as shown.
Emboss resist offers you the ability to create dramatically different looks depending on the embossing powder and ink you use. With a different color combination, this stamp set can easily be used for multiple seasons.
Being a demonstrator ROCKS, if you've thought about it, believe me…there's no better time then now. You'll get a beautiful tote perfect for organizing your stamping supplies! Click here for more information! AND you'll qualify for the stamp set "Eat Chocolate", a brand new set coming out in the next mini!
What are you waiting for? Click here to join and enter "stampingjo" for the password.
PRIZE PATROL- leave a comment on any post on my blog and at the end of the month I will do a randomn draw to win a free mystery stamp set. (Open to Canadians only, sorry)