As much as we all love glitter, it can definitely get a bit messy! For days after using glitter it turns up on the floor, clothing, your crafting space…pretty much anywhere you could possibly imagine. Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (101930) is the perfect solution to avoid glitter disasters. What you'll love about embossing with it is that you get all of the glitter and no mess, plus, it stays put!
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Just Believe (W116948/C120453)
- Ink: Early Expresso Classic (119670), Versamark (102283)
- Paper: Early Expresso (119686), Blushing Bride (119796), Very Vanilla (101650), Crumb Cake (120953) Cardstock
- Accessories: Basic Pearls (119247),Early Expresso Taffeta Ribbon (119964), Blushing Bride Poly Stitched Ribbon (119267), Chantilly Crochet Trim (118480) Distressing Kit (118762), Iridescent Ice Embossing Folder (101930), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Tools: Big Shot Machine (113439), Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder (119976), Modern Label Punch(119849), Heat Tool (100005)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- Card Base: 5.5 x 8.5
- Mat for Image: 2.25 x 4.25
Blushing Bride Cardstock
- Stamped Image Panel: 4 x 2
Crumb Cake Cardstock
- Mat: 5.25 x 4
- Scrap for greeting
This technique works with any stamped image that you want to make glitter!
- Stamp image in Versamark.
- Cover with Iridescent Ice, tap off excess and heat set.
- You will know it is "done" when it becomes shiny.
*Alternate Technique: Stamp image as normal, and to create an image with glitter overtop the entire piece, cover paper with Versamark and then add Iridescent Ice and heat set.
- Fold card base in half.
- Take Crumb Cake piece of cardstock and run through Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
- To add dimension to embossed piece, take Tea Stain Stampin Spot from Distressing Kit and brush over top with direct pad to paper method.
- Attach Crumb Cake embossed piece to card base using SNAIL.
- Attach stamped and embossed piece to Early Expresso mat
- Take scraps of each of the three ribbons and attach to the right hand side using SNAIL.
- Attach to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and then add pearls as desired.
- Stamp greeting in Early Expresso on Very Vanilla cardstock and then punch out with Modern Label punch. Attach to card base using SNAIL on left side of piece, and a Stampin' Dimensional on the right.
Start adding glitter in a safe, no mess way with Iridescent Ice! Just remember to keep the heat tool away from the embossing powder so it's not flying around.