Hello and Happy Friday!!
Before I show you today's super cute project I just wanted to remind you about the Crafty Girls Retreat Weekend!! Registration is filling up and the Early Bird Pricing Deadline is approaching! Grab a friend and book your spot today!!
Now, onto the project… What I love about this one is how it's so 'outside the box' or the 'die' in this case- the Cutie Pie Thinlit die! And… a really creative use of the Itty Bitty Accents punch set.
You can download the instructions for this project here: Watermelon Cutie Pie
Here are the supplies used on this card:
Watermelon Wonder: 8.5” x 5.5”, Cucumber Crush: 2~2.75” x 5.5”, Black, White and Cucumber scraps for tag and seeds, Baker’s Twine: 24”
- Cut two cutie pie frames from Watermelon Wonder (cut off a little of the back enclosure piece, if necessary to make it fit on the card stock) using the Big Shot.
- Cut two of the cutie pie frames on the ENCLOSURE END from the Cucumber Crush at the same time.
- Use scallop border to cut off pie-side ends parallel to the fold, about 1” away. Line up end of border with scored fold. You will run the scallop through twice as both sides are not in line.
- Die cut a cucumber and white flag tag from the Cutie Pie Thinlits, then run cucumber tag through again (twice) to cut out “EAT” and “ME”. It may help to hold word die in place with a post-it note. Adhere cucumber tag to top of white tag.
- Adhere cucumber scalloped ends over the matching watermelon shaped end using Liquid Glue.
- Apply Tear & Tape adhesive to all the scored “flaps” and assemble box. You will need to cut off one of the watermelon flaps at the point so it doesn’t overlap on the top of box.
- Punch 4 hearts from Basic Black cardstock using heart punch from Itty Bitty Shapes Pack. Cut each in half for 16 “seeds”. Adhere to top and sides of box with multipurpose glue. (You can punch more if you want to cover all four sides with seeds).
- Wrap baker’s twine around watermelon and add tag.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!!
July Hostess Code to use: FFR9ASVZ
Earn FREE stamps! Use this monthly Hostess Code to earn JO JO POINTS for every $40 you spend (before taxes & shipping)!
>>How to use the hostess code:
a. Enter your items into cart
b. At Check out- Look under the "Special Offers" box (bottom left)
c. Enter HOSTESS CODE in box and hit apply, then complete your order
d. After you receive your order confirmation, keep track of your JO JO POINTS earned on your JO JO POINTS Tracking Sheet! Earn 1 JO JO POINT for every $40 you spend before taxes and shipping!
e. Once you have 10 JO JO POINTS, email me your Tracking Sheet and choice of photopolymer or clear-mount stamp set FREE!!
NOTE: If your order is over $200, do not use the Hostess Code so that you to claim the Stampin' Rewards (more FREE items!) on your order! You will still earn JO JO POINTS on that order!