*If you don't receive my newsletter, you may have missed my NEW Holiday catalogue Sneak Peeks and a preview of the cards we will be making in my first Christmas Card Class! To see the cards we will be making, you can check them out on my class page.*
I've got a fun technique and a gorgeous card to share with you today! If you have not purchased the Watercolor Wings stamp set and the matching dies yet, this card might just put it to the top of your wish list!!
You can download the instructions here: Water Color Wings Baby Oil
Supplies used on this card:
- Stamp Sets: Water Color Wings Stamp Set #139424
- Inks: Bermuda Bay #131171, Bermuda Bay Ink Refill #131156
- Paper: Whisper White Thick Cardstock #140272
- Other: BoHo Chic Embossing Folder #138286, Silver Glimmer Paper #135314, Rhinestones #119246 and Silver Ribbon #132137, Silicone Mat #127853, Butterfly Thinlets #137360, Bold Butterfly Framelits #138135, Multipurpose Liquid Glue #110755 , Dimensionals #104430
Plus, you will need some baby oil, a popsicle stick and some paper towels.
You can click on the items below to shop directly from my store (make sure you scroll through to see all the supplies:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock base 8 ½ x 5 ½
Whisper White Thick Cardstock layer 4 x 5 ¼
Whisper White Thick Cardstock scraps for stamping
Basic Black scrap
- Pour about a 2 inch circle of Baby Oil onto the Silicone mat
- Drop about 8 -12 drops of Bermuda Bay ink refill into the Baby Oil
- Using a stick (ie: popsicle stick) break down the bubbles of ink in the baby oil.
- Lay 4 x 5 ¼ piece of cardstock layer into the baby oil/ink mixture
- Lift straight up.
- If any surface doesn’t have the color on it lay it back down to cover the white spots
- Using a paper towel blot (don’t rub) the baby oil
- The ink will color the paper and the baby oil will still be a bit wet
- After a few minutes you can run the layer thru the Boho Chic folder
- Stamp the small butterfly using Bermuda Bay onto a scrap of Whisper White Heavy cardstock
- Run thru the Big Shot using the Bold Butterfly framelit
- Using the Butterflies Thinlet cut out the larger Butterfly with the Silver Glimmer Paper
- Attach the embossed baby oil/refill layer onto your card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Attach butterflies to card layer using Dimensionals
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White cardstock, trim to make a banner
- Cut Basic Black for banner layer
- Tie Silver ribbon around banner and attach with Dimensionals to card layer
- Add Rhinestones to butterfly body
I hope you like today's card!! Have a great day!
August Hostess Code to use: T4EXXBMV
Earn FREE stamps! Use this monthly Hostess Code to earn JO JO POINTS for every $40 you spend (before taxes & shipping)!
>>How to use the hostess code:
a. Enter your items into cart
b. At Check out- Look under the "Special Offers" box (bottom left)
c. Enter HOSTESS CODE in box and hit apply, then complete your order
d. After you receive your order confirmation, keep track of your JO JO POINTS earned on your JO JO POINTS Tracking Sheet! Earn 1 JO JO POINT for every $40 you spend before taxes and shipping!
e. Once you have 10 JO JO POINTS, email me your Tracking Sheet and choice of photopolymer or clear-mount stamp set FREE!!
NOTE: If your order is over $200, do not use the Hostess Code so that you to claim the Stampin' Rewards (more FREE items!) on your order! You will still earn JO JO POINTS on that order!