Vintage is definitely one of the hottest trends right now in stamping and scrapbooking, and this year's Idea Book and Catalog is packed full of amazing new vintage products. If you go to page 124 in the catalog, you can check out the Vintage Suite, which inspired this project, as it uses the Newsprint Designer Series Paper (117166), and the color combination of Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla.
This project also uses the new Perfect Punches (W117022/C120516) stamp set which is a definite must-have stamp set as all the greetings coordinate with different punches!
Step by Step Directions
For the Bitty Box:
- Using the Big Shot cut out a Bitty Box out of Basic Black Cardstock.
- Fold on all score lines, and add sticky strip to the last pieces of the side flaps, as these will fold in and hold your box together.
- Put aside the assembled box, and then punch out one scallop circle with the 2 3/8 Scallop Circle punch, and two scallop circles with the smaller Scallop Circle punch. Crumble your circles and then flatten them out.
- Take paper snips and cut into each scallop to create petals. Do this on all three scallop circle.
- Clear your area and then spray all three circles with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Champagne Shimmer Paint. (Mix them together in a spray bottle from the Dollar Store.) Allow to dry.
- Punch out a ½ Circle out of Basic Black Cardstock. When circles are dry, layer them so the large scallop circle is on the bottom and the other two on top and adhere them all together using SNAIL. Attach basic black circle on top. Finish off by adding a Clear Rhinestone Brad. Curl up edges on flower to create dimension.
For the Bitty Card:
- Create card base by cutting a 2 x 4 piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock and folding it in half.
- Stamp "my friend" greeting in Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. Cut out with Curly Label Punch.
- Punch out small flower using the flower punch from Itty Bitty Shapes Punches. Attach to piece with greeting using SNAIL. Set small Clear Rhinestone Brad through centre of flower.
Attach finished greeting/flower piece to card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Perfect Punches (W117022/C120516)
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler Classic (119669)
- Paper: Basic Black Cardstock (121045), Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (119685), Newsprint Designer Series Paper (117166)
- Accessories: Clear Rhinestone Brads (113144), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting System (113439),Bitty Box & Envelope Die (115967), Paper Snips (103579) , Curly Label Punch (119851), 2 3/8 Scallop Circle Punch (118874), Scallop Circle Punch (119854), Itty Bitty Shapes Punches (118309), ½ Inch Circle Punch (119869)
This size of box is perfect for four Hershey's nuggets, or any other small treat. It would also fit some special jewelery beautifully as well. The Big Shot makes projects like this a snap by doing the cutting and scoring for you! To order the Big Shot, Bitty Box & Envelope Die, or any of the items featured above, please visit my online store by clicking here.
Don't forget to register for this Saturday's GARAGE SALE….tons of stamp sets, paper, ink, refills, ribbons and accessories to choose from! You don't want to miss it. RSVP today