Doesn't this make you want to lie on a beach somewhere? The Tropical Party stamp set from the Summer Mini is definitely one of my new favourites! This card features the Burnt Batik technique, which is a fun and easy technique. In case you don't remember batik – it was very in years ago, and it's a way of dyeing cloth using a wax resist. Very funky!
Here's a quick tutorial on this technique, and how to make this card.
What You'll Need
- Stamps: Tropical Party (118515/130081), Favorite Thoughts (116968/130048)
- Ink: Versamark (102283), Pumpkin Pie Classic (105216), So Saffron Classic (105213), Old Olive Classic (102277)
- Paper: Pumpkin Pie Cardstock (105117), So Saffron Cardstock (105118) Whisper White Cardstock(106529)
- Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder(109130), Fire Circle Brads(109110), SNAIL (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104330)
- Tools: Heat Tool (100005), Big Shot (113439), Two Tags Die (115954), Paper Piercing Tool ( 116631), Fancy Flower Punch (118073), Five Petal Punch (109041)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- Pumpkin Pie: Card Base: 5×10 for Card Base, Scrap for Fancy Flower Punch
- So Saffron:Tag: 3×6 scrap, Scrap for Five Petal Punch
- Whisper White: Embossed Panel 4×4, Scrap for stamped flower
This fun technique is best with a bolder, solid image stamp set. Tropical Party is perfect to create a whimsical birthday card.
- Randomly stamp images on Whisper White Cardstock with Versamark.
- Cover with clear embossing powder and tap off excess.
- Set with Heat Tool and continue heating until the embossing powder bubbles a bit and is very glossy.
- Gently spray the cardstock with water.
- Take sponges and randomly sponge classic ink over the embossed image.
- Stamp leaf image randomly on card base in Pumpkin Pie classic.
- Create tag using Big Shot, and stamp greeting towards right hand side of tag.
- Punch out Pumpkin Pie flower using Fancy Flower Punch, punch out So Saffron Flower with Five Flower Punch.
- Stamp small flower image from Tropical Party on Whisper White. (On the sample I used Rock and Roll technique to use both So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie). Cut out flower using paper snips.
- Assemble flower by layer Pumpkin Pie flower, followed by So Saffron flower, stamped flower and then an Ice Circle brad to top it off. Attach flower to tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere batik panel to card base with SNAIL. Attach tag panel to the cardfront with SNAIL.