This week's technique features watercoloring with a Blender Pen and Stampin' Write Markers.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes (111618), A Word for You (W117032/C120528)
- Ink: Jet Black Staz-On (101406), Real Red Classic Ink (103133), Real Red (100052), Regal Rose (105108)and Soft Suede (120973) Stampin' Write Markers
- Paper: Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Pink Pirouette (105118), Soft Suede (115318), Real Red (102482), Watercolor Paper (105019)
- Accessories: Pretty in Pink 1 ¼ Striped Grosgrain (119775), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (102023), 2-Way Glue Pen (100425), Blender Pens (102845)
- Tools: Big Shot (113439), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335), Decorative Label Punch (120907), Paper Snips (103579)
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- 8.5 x 5.5
- 4.25 x 5.5 piece for embossed piece
- Scrap for stamped and punched greeting
- 2.5 x 3.5 Mat for image
- Scrap for frame for greeting
- 2.25 x 3.25 Mat for image
- 2 x 3
- Stamp image with Staz-On and then add "spots" of color as desired on image with markers.
Move ink around on paper using blender pen to shade as desired.
- Using a marker with a blender pen gives you a more vibrant look than with other watercoloring techniques. It also offers more control with smaller images than using the Aquapainter with the markers to color.
- To successfully use markers with blender pens, you must use Staz-On to ensure it is waterproof, and watercolor paper to ensure the paper doesn't pill.
- Take card base and fold in half.
- Run Very Vanilla mat through Big Shot with Polkadot Embossing folder and then attach to card base with SNAIL.
- Attach stamped image to Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette pieces with SNAIL.
- Fold small piece of ribbon and attach to back of stamped panel using SNAIL. Attach to entire card base with SNAIL.
- Stamp greeting in Real Red on Very Vanilla and then punch out with Decorative Label Punch.
- Punch a Decorative Label out of Pink Pirouette. Cut in half and trim off points on smaller side and then attach to back of stamped greeting with SNAIL. Attach to card base with Stampin Dimensionals.
- Add glitter to cupcakes using 2-way Glue Pen.
Get out your open line art images and give watercoloring with your blender pen and markers a try. There's lots of ways to watercolor and I'd be happy to share them with you and you can learn which ones you like best! Contact me to arrange a private class with your friends this fall.
**To sign up for the 12 Weeks of Christmas emails – exclusive emails with Christmas projects sent right to your inbox- click here…you don't want to miss it!!**