Good Morning! I am so excited to share today's project with you- the Tasty Truck Treat Holder Instructions! Since the 2017 Sale-A-Bration Catalogue went live a few weeks ago I have had several requests for the instructions for the Tasty Truck Treat Holder (or Treat Box) shown in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue on page 12. After searching it out a few times online, I could not find anyone who had already put together instructions, so I got to work and came up with my own Tasty Truck Treat Holder Instructions to share with you!
If you are on Pinterest, make sure you PIN this one for later! Just hover ove the image below to get the Pinterest Save button!
The Tasty Truck Stamp Set is one of the Sale-A-Bration freebies you can choose for FREE! with every $60 you spend in my Stampin Up store. Only until March 31st, 2017!
How To Make the Tasty Truck Treat Holder:
For the outside of the truck:
1. Start by stamping the Tasty Truck onto Whisper White Thick cardstock two times; allow to dry then watercolor with Aqua Painters and ink. I used Emerald Envy and Peekaboo Peach; I used a Basic Gray Stampin’ Write Marker to color the wheels; even though you won’t see much of one of the trucks, you will want to color it as you will see it a bit around the edges
2. Once that was dry, Clear Wink of Stella was added to the window frames, lights and accents
3. Cut out both trucks using Paper Snips.
4. Note: one of the trucks will have the stamped image facing inside the truck, you may choose to color behind the stamped image- alternatively if you wish to have a truck image facing out on both sides you could stamp the truck image on a Window Sheet and cut it out in the shape of the truck adhering it to the outside with clear glue. I chose not to do that.
5. If you want a see through window on your truck, you will need to use an Exacto Knife to cut out the windows. For the sake of being able to adhere the tabs on the inside box, I chose not to cut out the front driver window; if you choose to, you will need to trim the tabs further so they do not show through the window (see below- the truck on the left has the front window cut and you can see how little space there was for the side to be adhered)
Note, you shouldn't write your measurements on the cardstock like I did there. lol! Also, make sure you use mat or piece of cardboard on your surface when using the Exacto Knife!
6. Cut a piece of Window sheet about 2.75”x1.5” and adhere to the back to the cut out truck using Tear & Tape Adhesive; then trim the edge of the window sheet along the front of the truck using Paper Snips
For the Inside of the Truck:
1. Cut a strip of Whisper White Thick cardstock 5.5”x4” for a large box – this will give you a box that is 2” along the ‘front’ of the truck and 2.5” along the truck side; this allows for a loosely filled 3”x6” Cellophane Bag; if you would prefer it to be smaller to fit a 2”x8” cellophane bag without having too much extra space follow the instructions for the small box (I used a 2”x8” bag here but I cut the top of the bag a bit-as you can tell there is still room)
2. Using the Scoring Tool, score the box as shown below for the Large or Small Tasty Truck Treat Holder Instructions:
3. Fold the cardstock at all the score lines and use Paper Snips to cut the intersecting score lines, also trimming the inside corners of the ‘front’ of the truck (so that it does not show on the outside of the truck and allows you to lean the front of the box in to follow the shape of the truck front)
4. Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the edges as shown below (this is what your final piece will look like!)
5. Trim along the blue lines as shown in the diagrams above if you have cut out a window
6. If you have cut a window, before peeling off the adhesive backing, make sure the tabs you have cut will not be seen through your window
7. Peel the adhesive from the Tear & Tape Adhesive strips and start by adhering the back of the box to the back edge of the truck trying not to leave much space as you don’t want too much sticking out the front of the truck; Adhere the back and bottom side
8. Note: for the ‘front’ of the truck you will be following the slanted edge of the truck shape so the front side will not be straight up; do this for both stamped truck pieces
9. Finally, you are ready to add your treats! Add whatever treats you like to a cellophane bag, add ribbon and a tag. Here I used the new Emerald Envy 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon and the Classic Label Punch to create a tag from Peekaboo Peach cardstock.
You can download the Tasty Truck Treat Holder Instructions to print at home!
Stampin Up Stamps Used for the Tasty Truck Treat Holder:
Tasty Truck Stamp Set (Sale-A-Bration)- 143300
Stampin Up Paper:
Whisper White Thick cardstock-140272, Peekaboo Peach cardstock-141417, Window Sheets-142314
Stampin Up Ink:
Basic Black-140931, Emerald Envy-141396, Peekaboo Peach-141398, Wink of Stella Clear- 141897, Basic Gray Marker for wheels
Other Papercrafting Supplies Used:
Required: Stampin’ Trimmer-126889, Simply Scored Scoring Tool-122334, Tear & Tape Adhesive-138995 , Paper Snips-103579
Optional: Classic Label Punch-141491, Aqua Painter-103954, Emerald Envy 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon-142742, White Baker’s Twine-124262, 1/16” Handheld Circle Punch- 134363, Cellophane Bags- 141704 (3”x6” for large box) or 141703 (2”x8” for small box)
Non Stampin Up: an Exacto Knife for cutting out the windows; plus candies/chocolate of your choice
I hope you give the Tasty Truck Treat Holder a try!! If you do, I'd love to see them! Feel free to share here in the comments or on my Facebook page!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
2017 OCCASIONS CATALOGUE– NEW Spring Catty!! Check it out! Available January 4th to May 31st
SALE-A-BRATION– Choose a FREE Sale-A-Bration product with every $60 you spend before taxes and shipping! January 4th to March 31st!
CLEARANCE RACK– Save up to 60%
JO JO POINTS– Earn free stamps with my Jo Jo Points Program