Welcome to this month's 'Metallics' Blog Hop! I loved making this project, and could easily make more. The Big Shot and Delicate Ornament Thinlits make this a project you could duplicate over and over- maybe a little teacher gift or just a little something extra dangling from the ribbon on that special gift.
Admittedly, I made this ornament a while back when the new Holiday catalogue first came out. As soon as I saw the Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies and the Red Foil Sheets I knew I wanted to make a 3D ornament with them! They are the perfect dies to use for an ornament like this because they are symmetrical. I had a good laugh after I made it and then had a better look at the front cover of the Holiday catalogue and I realized I was not the only one to think of doing it! lol! But that's okay- I made it my own.
- *I die cut the same ornament three times out of the Red Foil using the new Precision Base Plate for a nice clean cut
- *Then used the solid shaped matching die to cut a base from the Vanilla Coaster Board.
- *I used my Simply Scored Scoring Tool to score down the centers of the coaster board die cuts so that they would bend in the middle when I glued them together.
- *Before I glued them together I placed the Silver Cording Trim through a Home for the Holidays poinsettia button and placed the button at the botttom of the ornament allowing the excess trim to come out the top for hanging. I tied the end of that and placed the tied piece inside the ornament to create a clean loop at the top.
- *Then, I used some Multi- Adhesive to glue each coaster board die cut together at the edges and a bit in the center to hold the cording trim, and held them together for a bit while they dried.
- *Then, with the Fine Tip Glue Pen, I added adhesive to the backs of the Red Foil die cuts and adhered them onto the coaster board.
- *Once that was dry, I tied a bow of Silver Cording Trim and adding two bits of Red Pom Pom Trim to dangle on each side
Now it's ready for hanging on my Christmas tree 🙂
Here is a list of the supplies I used to create this project:
Thanks for stopping by! Now click Next Blog to hop on over to Laura Milligan's blog to check out what crafty goodness she has in store for us!
December Hostess Code to use: QMQDBPA7