Today's project is an amazing gift idea that can be put together fairly quick. The hardest part may be deciding what you will put inside the jar! (I would suggest candy or chocolates, or even a makeup 'kit' or nail 'kit', or you might be able to fit a small clothing item in there) This gift jar uses the Flower Patch stamp set and the Spiral Flower Originals Die, along with some wonderful ribbons to create a gift that looks like you spent alot more time making it than you actually will!
How to Make It:
1. Trace lid onto Cucumber crush card stock, cut and adhere to lid. Wrap jar ring with washi tape.
2. Cut 3 spiral flower dies from the Calypso Coral card stock. Curl die with bone folder and twist into flower shape and secure with hot glue. TIP – Use a pair of needle nose pliers and hold the smallest end of the die, then twist the rest of the flower around the pliers with the smallest piece in the center.
3. Punch 3 pansy flowers from Cucumber Crush card stock. Cut each into two pieces: one with 3 petals/leaves and the other with 2 petals/leaves. Fold each into leaf shapes (fold down the center of each petal)
4. Adhere 3 flowers to the top of the jar lid with hot glue. Tuck a folded piece of ribbon trim into the empty spaces and adhere “leaves” around flowers.
5. Lay a strip of Tear & Tape adhesive along the top and bottom edges of the burlap trim (long sides). Remove backing from bottom edge and fold ribbon into pleats along the edge. Lay another strip of Tear & Tape over the pleats to hold in place. Remove all backing and carefully wrap around the jar.
6. Tie Calypso ribbon around the burlap band, with bow in front.
7. Punch Note Tag from Sahara Sand card stock. Stamp flower petals (Cucumber) and flowers (Coral) at the top of the tag. Stamp “Happy Blooming Birthday” (Espresso) toward the bottom of the tag. Clean word stamp and stamp “Blooming” on white card stock scrap with Calypso Coral. Snip banner ends and adhere over tag.
8. Punch 1/16” hole at top of tag, thread 5” white baker’s twine through hole and tie to front of bow on the jar.
Stamp Sets: Flower Patch (134207)
Inks: Cucumber Crush (138324), Calypso Coral (126983), Early Espresso (126974)
Paper: Calypso Coral (122925), Cucumber Crush (138335), Sahara Sand (122959)
Other: Spiral Flower Originals Die (129379), Big Shot (113439), Calypso Coral Seam Binding Ribbon (134569), Cucumber Crush Dotted Lace Trim (138423), 1-1/4” Burlap ribbon (132140), Pansy Punch (130698), Cherry on Top Washi Tape (138384), Tear & Tape adhesive (138995), White Baker’s Twine (124262), Note Tag Punch (135860), 1/16” circle punch (134363), Bone Folder (102300), Glue gun and quart jar with lid (wide mouth is best)
Burlap Ribbon: 13”
Ribbon trim: 26” and two 4” pieces
Seam Binding ribbon: 26”
Calypso Coral card stock: 3- 4” squares
Cucumber Crush card stock: 2” x 6” and 4” square (trace lid, cut out and adhere to flat lid)
Sahara Sand card stock: 2” x 2-1/2”
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
April Hostess Code to use: DBBZ2AUS