Punches are definitely my all-time favourite tool for all of my papercrafting, and the new Two Step Owl XL punch (118074) is no exception. This punch was right at the top of my wish list from the second I spied it in the Idea Book! Here's a fun all occasion card that lets the Owl's cuteness shine!
Step by Step Directions
- Cut card base to 5.5 x 8.5 and fold in half.
- Cut Soft Suede cardstock to 5.5 x 3, and stamp with Woodgrain background stamp in Soft Suede Classic Ink. Stamp greeting in Early Expresso as shown. Attach to cardbase using SNAIL.
Take punch and punch out the various pieces of the Owl as follows:
- Body – Soft Suede
- Large Circle for Eyeball: Early Expresso
- Medium Circle for Eyeball: Whisper White
- Small Circle for Eyeball: Soft Suede
- Breast: Peach Parfait Designer Series Paper
- Assemble Owl using Two-Way Glue Pen.
- Punch flower from Itty Bit Punches and add to Owl.
- Punch 2 3/8 Scallop Circle in Peach Parfait and 1 ¾ Circle in Poppy Parade. Affix together, and then add completed Owl on top using SNAIL. Attach to cardbase with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add small basic pearl to the top of the flower on the Owl.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Woodgrain Background (117100), A Word for You (W117032/C120528)
- Ink: Soft Suede Classic (115657), Early Expresso Classic (119670)
- Paper: Soft Suede (115318), Early Expresso (119686), Whisper White (100730), Poppy Parade (119793) and Peach Parfait Cardstock (119794), In Color Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117158)
- Accessories: Basic Pearls (119247), SNAIL (104332), Two-Way Glue Pen (100425), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Tools: Two Step Owl XL Punch (118074), Scallop Circle Punch (118874), 1 ¾ Circle Punch (119850), Itty Bitty Punches (118309)
The Owl is a must-have, perfect for pretty much any project – super cute for cards, bookmarks, on a notebook, a scrapbook page….the possibilities are endless. To order this punch, or any of the supplies used in this project, click on shop now below!