I am NOT a runner, but my daughter and I will be doing this run again this year and I thought I’d let you know about it in case you are local and want to come! It’s a really fun day…hope to see some of you there!
Where’s Franktown Run
15km, 10km, 5km and 1km Family run
SATURDAY, MAY 9th
15km, 10km, 5km CHARITY RUN
AND 1km FAMILY RUN/WALK
• Door Prize: Mexican Vacation for a 5km, 10km or 15km runner!
o one week condo stay at choice of several Mayan Palace Resorts in Mexico
o visit www.mayanpalace.com
• Free HOT AIR BALLOON RIDES in the RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon
• Free ‘incredible’ BBQ and luncheon for all runners ($5.00 for others)
• Free babysitting services for runners
• Charitable Donation Receipts will be issued for 5km, 10km 15km runners
• Scenic flat route through the village of Franktown
o the 5km route will stay within village so it is nice and safe for our younger runners
o the 10km and 15km routes will meander through village then out and back Richmond Hwy (County Rd 10)
"I have competed in many races. The spirit of the “Where’s Franktown?”
race is one of the best. My most valued finishing medal is from this run, because it is hand painted by CCA kids. It’s super organized, and you are well fed!" Christina Sutcliffe, runs with OAC women’s team.
• hand-crafted ‘finisher’ medals for 5, 10 and 15 km runners
• awards for first overall male/female in 5,10 and 15km runs
• awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finisher in each age/sex category
• special goodie bags for children
• free drawstring bag for 5 and 10 km runners
• free gym bag for 15km runners (others may purchase for $20)
• multiple water stations along routes
• route clearly marked, kms frequently marked
“Great flat course along interesting country roads, lots of supporters along route. Fantastic family participation and the best post-race food ever!!!” Sue Kelly, runs/swims with Technosport Swim and Triathlon Club
Hosted by Calvary Christian Academy
For Full Details check out the school website: www.calvaryca.com
HOPE TO SEE YOU IN FRANKTOWN!