I just love the card I am about to show you. I have to admit, I often try out 'no layer' cards without much success 🙁 I often find there is something missing or it just needs more depth. Well, I actually like the way my 'no layer' card turned out this time!
I think the reason it really works for me is because the Rose Garden Thinlit cut out adds that bit of depth I often find lacking on my no layer attempts! It is such a pretty cut out- and with the help of the Big Shot Die Brush and Precision Plate it was super easy to cut and take out of the die!
Tips to Make It:
- Stamp the Rose image in black- don’t worry if it’s not stamped perfectly as it’s going to get covered by the die cut! Allow the ink to dry
- While you are waiting for the ink to dry, die cut the rose with Silver Foil paper; use the Precision Plate and the Big Shot Die Brush to get a perfect cut
- WaterColor the inside of the rose using Rose Red and Pear Pizzaz and Aqua Painters; use more of a concentrated color- not too much water; Allow it to dry
- Once dry, stamp the grunge effect on the rose using Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry
- Use the Fine Tip Glue Pen (sparingly) or the Two Way Glue Pen to glue the die cut right on top of the stamped lines
- Stamp the sentiment
- Punch the corners using the Curvy Corner Trio Punch
- Add the ribbon with a Glue Dot
- Add a little Wink of Stella to the inside of the rose and leaves
Stamps: Rose Wonder stamp set-140697, Gorgeous Grunge- 130514 W, 130517 C (This would also work wonderfully with the NEW Timeless Textures Stamp set!)
Paper: Whisper White Thick- 140272, Silver Foil Sheet-132178
Ink: Rich Razzleberry ink-126950, Rose Red ink-126954, Old Olive Ink-126953, Pear Pizzazz ink-131180, Wink of Stella-clear-141897, Memento Tuxedo Black ink-132708; Refill: 133456 or Basic Black Archival Ink- 140931, Refill- 140928
Other: Curvy Corner Trio Punch-139683, Rose Garden Thinlits-140619, Aqua Painters- 103954, Pear Pizzazz cotton ribbon-134562, Fine Tip Glue Pen-138309 or Two-Way Glue Pen-100425, Mini Glue Dots- 103683, Precision Plate- 139684, Big Shot Die Brush-140603
To purchase what you need, click on each item below (make sure you scroll through the list to see all the supplies!):
I'll be back tomorrow with the Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop! Come join the fun!
January Hostess Code to use: 2AGKYB9A