I started a new stampers club this month and we made two really fun projects! One of the projects we made this fun Hinged card…I love how easy it is to make and it can double as a gift card holder too!
1. Stamp the greeting on the upper right hand area of the Barely Banana card base using Basic Gray.
2. Create a scalloped edge on the Basic Gray Cardstock using the Scallop Edge Punch. Randomly stamp the circles from Seeing Spots using Basic Gray Classic Ink.
3. Wrap the Apricot Appeal Grosgrain Ribbon around the Certainly Celery cardstock. Tie a knot using the smaller piece of ribbon.
4. Without adhering, line up the Basic Gray Bottom and Certainly Celery Top onto the Barely Banana Base, you should not see any Barely Banana at this point. Mark with a pencil or hold the area where the Celery and Gray overlap. Holding together, punch the hole where your brad will go to create your hinge.
5. Apply Adhesive to the Basic Gray portion only, along the bottom and sides. (Do not add adhesive to the top part!) This will allow the Certainly Celery Hinge to move up and down.
6. Stamp the image using Basic Gray Classic Ink onto the Whisper White Cardstock and colour with Blender Pens and Classic Ink. Colour the inside of the flower with the Chocolate Chip Marker. Adhere to the Certainly Celery & Barely Banana layers.
7. Adhere the stamped image to the front of the card to help keep the hinged portion in place.
4 ¼ by 5 ½ for base
4 ¼ by 3 for Top “hinged” portion
4 ¼ by 3 ½ for Bottom with scallop edge
1 ¾ by 2 for stamped image (layers are ¼ larger)
Stamps: A Flower for all Seasons, Seeing Spots, Curvy Verses
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray Classic, Going Gray, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery Accessories: Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker, Blender Pens, Apricot Appeal Grosgrain Ribbon, Soft Subtles Brads, Scallop Edge Punch, 1/16 inch Circle Punch, Snail Adhesive
~Spring into a Business: Become a Demonstrator for only $99 this month!
~Love these products? Click here to go shopping now!
~Want free coupons? Sign up for my newsletter!
~I’m now on facebook! Become a fan here!