Happy Monday! This weekend went by so fast. My little one went out to a friend’s on Friday (it was a snow day for her) and then another friend’s house for a sleep-over that night. She came back on Saturday feeling tired of course, but, made it through till bedtime.
Of course, we had to pay for it…she woked up in the middle of the night throwing up right until the morning. I guess, I’m lucky though, cause my hubby got up with her through all the sick-time. 🙂
My 2 teens are nearing the end of their semester, which means…tons of projects before their exams. Ugggh. I spent most of Saturday helping with math and projects. Sunday morning, my hubby and youngest slept in cause of all the fun that night and I went out to church with my son.
Came home to more homework help time. Phewff….muli-tasking at its best!
Today’s project is one I had a lot of fun making. I love how all the colours go so nicely together. I was trying to make a project using the Cake Soiree stamp set that did NOT involve the cake.
What do you think?
I made a bunch of this card at the same time, so, I was able to stamp a whole 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of white cardstock and then cut it into the size that I need.
I found that by placing the two outside panels first and adding the middle last, I was able to center them properly.
- Score and Fold Flirty Flamingo cardstock to create card
- On Whisper White cardstock, stamp the 4 types of flowers randomly using Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Old Olive and Fresh Fig ink pads.
- Once you have your pattern stamped, cut cardstock into 1 ½” x 3 ½” strips.
- Adhere stamped strips on to Pool Party cardstock leaving a 1/8” separation between strips.
- Cut the Fresh Fig Finely Woven Ribbon to approx. 6 ¼” and tie a knot on the right hand side. Use tape to glue ends or ribbon to the back of the Pool Party cardstock.
- Stamp the greeting on scrap white cardstock and use the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the stitched oval (2 ¼” x 3 ¼”) using the Big Shot.
- Use dimensional to place oval on card over the ribbon.
- Cut the leaves with the Sweet Cake Framelits in Old Olive cardstock using the Big Shot.
- Add shimmer to the leaves using the Wink of Stella and set aside to dry for a minute or two.
- Use the fine-tip glue pen on back of leaves and then carefully place on the oval. (You can use tweezers to hold the leaves for placing on card.
Shop these products
- SALE-A-BRATION SALES BROCHURE- Spend $60; get a FREE product!
- SHOP FOR PRODUCTS ONLINE
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIPS here!
- CLEARANCE RACK: Save up to 60% on great products!