December's HOSTESS CODE is: QMQDBPA7
Use it to qualify for Jo-Jo Points; click to find out more
Today's card is a different take on building a poinsettia flower!
- Start your card with a Cherry Cobbler card base and then adhere Old Olive and Smoky Slate pieces.
- On one piece of Whisper White, stamp sentiment from To You and Yours Too in Cherry Cobbler about 1/4" from base in centre. Tie Gold Cording Trim around this layer in a bow. Slide to place above sentiment.
- On your second piece of whisper white stamp your candles as shown on the card. Ink up flame stamp in Daffodil Delight and colour centre with Tangelo Twist Stampin Write Marker and stamp 3 times. Stamp 12 flames in Old Olive (leaves) and 20 flames in Cherry Cobbler (petals). You can stamp a few extra leaves and petals in case you use more than I did.
- Using Paper Snips cut out your candles, flames, leaves and petals. Adhere Candles and Flames to card as shown.
- To assemble your flower make your top layer – I used 5 petals for this – then add layers in gaps between petals. Use glue dots to hold your pieces together. Once you are happy with your poinsettia flower add your leaves again using glue dots.
- Adhere flower to card with snail – I did 3 or 4 strips where I wanted to place my flower overlapping the strips of snail. Adhere three yellow candy dots to top of flower
- Randomly place small rhinestones to card around candles and flowers.
- Stamp Sets: Build a Birthday #138646, To You and Yours Too #139819
- Inks: Smoky Slate #131179, Old Olive #126953, Cherry Cobbler #126966, Daffodil Delight #126944, Tangelo Twist Stampin Write Marker #133654
- Paper: Merry Moments Cardstock Pack #139007, Whisper White #100730
- Other: Subtles Candy Dots #130933, Gold Cord Trim #139618, Rhinestone Jewels #119246, Glue Dots #103683, Paper Snips #103579
You can shop directly for each item by clicking below-make sure to scroll through the list to see all the supplies:
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
December Hostess Code to use: QMQDBPA7