Good Morning! Happy Friday!
Thank you to everyone who participated in yesterday's flash Blog Giveaway! I loved reading about the new stamps you are loving! Now, without further delay…
The winner of yesterday's Blog Giveway is:
Now, onto the card I wanted to share today…
Have you seen the bokeh technique yet?! As a fan of photography, I love bokeh! Love to see it in photos, and I am trilled to see it now in stamping! Now, I didn't come up with this technique myself, but I'm going to share it with you. You've got to give it a try!
There are so many different looks you can achieve with this technique. In fact, I wanted to try doing this technique with different shapes other than circles- I thought stars or hearts would be super cute! Especially for a Valentine's card! I decided to give the hearts a try- and it's so pretty!!! I couldn't wait to share it with you! I will share the full card (and hopefully a video!) with you next week- but here's a little peak for now 😉
Here are the supplies used on the first card:Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
- Melon Mambo base 5 ½ x 8 ½
- Elegant Eggplant 5 !/4 x 3 ¼
- Water color paper 5 X 5
- Cut a piece of window sheet to fit card, this will be your circles template.
- Run Window sheet thru Big Shot with various sizes of circles framelits
- Lay a stack of paper towels on your work area
- Place water color paper on the stack of paper towels
- Use your Aquapainter to wet your watercolor paper really well.
- Pick up the reinkers with the aquapainter (use clear block to put drops of reinker on as a palette)
- Squeeze the bulb of the aquapainter and drop the color onto the wet watercolor paper. It will “spread” in different patterns!
- Fill in the white spaces with another color, make sure you get those edges
- NOTE: If you mix the two colors of reinkers you will get another color!
- Dab the edges where the color pools with paper towel
- Let the paper dry COMPLETELY!
- Stamp your sentiment in Black Memento Ink.
- Use the clear circles template and sponge the White StazOn in circle patterns over your COMPLETELY Dried water color paper.
- Attach the watercolor layer to the Elegant Eggplant layer, then to your card bases.
- Attach a few rhinestones to complete your Bokeh look!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
February Hostess Code to use: QFACZA4Y
NEW! A NEW way to earn FREE stamps! Use this monthly Hostess Code to earn JO JO POINTS for every $40 you spend (before taxes & shipping)!
>>How to use the hostess code:
a. Enter your items into cart
b. At Check out- Look under the "Special Offers" box (bottom left)
c. Enter HOSTESS CODE in box and hit apply, then complete your order
d. After you receive your order confirmation, keep track of your JO JO POINTS earned on your JO JO POINTS Tracking Sheet! Earn 1 JO JO POINT for every $40 you spend before taxes and shipping!
e. Once you have 10 JO JO POINTS, email me your Tracking Sheet and choice of photopolymer or clear-mount stamp set FREE!!
NOTE: If your order is over $200, do not use the Hostess Code so that you to claim the Stampin' Rewards (more FREE items!) on your order! You will still earn JO JO POINTS on that order!