When it comes to making 3D items, especially boxes, the Big Shot makes things fun and easy. Can you imagine cutting, scoring and assembling this box? The Matchbox Big XL Die (114890) is a huge time saver, doing the heavy lifting for you. You make a few folds, add some sticky strip and voila, instant box!
Step by Step Directions
- Cut out box and top piece out of Sahara Sand 12 x 12 cardstock using Big Shot machine.
- Assemble box bottom with sticky strip. (*Using Sticky Strip with boxes ensures they will stay together.)
- Take top of box and run through Big Shot again using Elegant Lines Embossing Folder. When you do this, you want to ensure that the bulk of the pattern is on the piece that will be facing up when this piece is assembled.
- Assemble box top using Sticky Strip and slide onto base.
- Take Basic Black Satin Ribbon and create a belly band around the box top, fastening the ends to the bottom of the box top with SNAIL.
- To create your flower, punch six 1 ¾ Scallop Circles from Blushing Bride Cardstock. Scrumple up each one and then mist them all with water so they are wet. Scrumble a bit more. Stack them up and then set the brad through the middle. Use your fingers to build up the layers as it dries. To speed drying use a heat tool and keep plumping up the layers so you have lots of petals.
- Attach finished flower to box over top of ribbon with a Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp "friends" in Blushing Bride Classic Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock and then punch out with Jewellery Tag punch.
- Attach tag to box, tucking under the edge of the flower, with SNAIL.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Tiny Tags (W118091/C118592)
- Ink: Blushing Bride Classic (119786)
- Paper: Sahara Sand (119946), Blushing Bride (119796), Very Vanilla (101650) Cardstock
- Accessories: Basic Black Satin Ribbon (117285), Subtles Brads (119738), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sticky Strip (104294)
- Tools: Big Shot (113439), Matchbox Big XL Die (114890), Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Folder (119277), Jewellery Tag Punch (117190), Scallop Circle Punch (118874), Paper Piercer (116631),
Think of the fun little items you could put into this box and give to a friend or loved one. It's the perfect size for a charm from the Simply Adorned Jewelery Line too! To order any of the supplies used in this project and have them shipped right to your door, please visit my online store.