Get out your iron and use it for something fun this week! Using an embossing folder for the Big Shot, your iron and some wax paper, you'll create a one of a kind background for your projects. This card features the new Spider Web Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (120889) from the Holiday Mini.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Wicked Cool (W118738/C120600)
- Ink: Basic Black (101179), Elegant Eggplant (105210), Old Olive (102277)
- Paper: Elegant Eggplant (105126), Glossy White (102599), Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (121045)
- Accessories: Black Flourish Designer Jewels (120987), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Tools: Big Shot Machine (113439), Spider Web Textured Impressions Embossing Folder(120889), 2 x 1 3/8 XL Oval (119859), Modern Label Punch (119849), Bitty Bat(119279), Stampin' Sponges (101610)
- Other: Towel, Household Iron, Wax Paper
Cardstock Dimensions for this Project
- Card Base: 5.5 x 8.5
- Mat: 4 x 5.25
- Scrap of Whisper White, Basic Black, and Elegant Eggplant for punched shapes
- Emboss a piece of wax paper using the Big Shot and the Spider Web Embossing Folder.
- Sandwich the embossed piece of wax paper between two pieces of Glossy White cardstock. Cover with a thin towel and then iron on a dry setting that is relatively hot like the one for Cotton. Gently iron until the wax transfers from the wax paper to the cardstock. You will end up with two pieces that have wax on them.
- Take your brayer and cover the glossy cardstock as desired, the wax part will resist the ink. For this project, the image was brayered with Basic Black and then lightly sponged with Elegant Eggplant and Rich Razzleberry.
- The finished panel will look like this:
- Fold card base in half.
- Attach finished glossy cardstock panel once brayered and sponged to card base using SNAIL.
- Using transfer sheet and following directions in the package, place Designer Jewels as shown. For this project, the main flourish image was cut in half and then applied.
- Stamp Spooky in Old Olive classic ink on Whisper White and then punch out with Modern Label punch.
- Punch out a XL Oval of Elegant Eggplant and then crinkle up. Smooth it out and attach greeting piece using SNAIL.
- Cut two separate jewels from Designer Jewel package and add to each end of the greeting. Affix to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Punch bat from Basic Black and attach with Stampin' Dimensionals as shown.
This technique can be easily adapted for any embossing folder to create a distinctive background or accent for your papercrafting projects.
FREE EXPEDITED SHIPPING UPGRADE IN SEPTEMBER WHEN SHOPPING THROUGH ME!
NEW this month:
PRIZE PATROL- leave a comment on any post and at the end of the month I will do a randomn draw to win a free mystery stamp set. (Open to Canadians only, sorry)