Sometimes it’s fun to use tools in different ways! For this card, the ornament punch was used to create the poinsettia flower.
- Cherry Cobbler CS: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored in half at 5-1/2”; scraps for punching
- Mossy Meadow CS: scraps for punching
- Brightly Gleaming DSP: 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”
- Very Vanilla CS: 4” x 5-1/4”; scrap for sentiment
- Crushed Curry CS: scrap for sentiment mat
- Fold the card base along the score line and burnish with a Bone Folder.
- Punch 20 ornaments from scraps of Cherry Cobbler CS using the smaller ornament punch, to create the petals
- Punch 2 ornaments from a scrap of Mossy Meadow CS using the larger ornament punch, to create the leaves
- Score veins on the 2 leaves using the stylus from the Simply Scored tool.
- Slightly curl the 20 petals using a Bone Folder.
- Begin gluing petals in a circle onto a scrap of Cherry Cobbler CS. (I used 4 circle layers of 5 petals each.)
- Glue the two leaves onto the back of the flower.
- Apply 7 floral centers onto the middle of the flower.
- Glue the flower onto the DSP layer.
- Glue the DSP layer onto the front of the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS, and trim it using Paper Snips.
- Glue the sentiment onto a scrap of Crushed Curry CS and trim around the sentiment using Paper Snips.
- Adhere the sentiment onto the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Glue the Very Vanilla CS layer onto the inside of the card base.
Stampin’ Up!’s Year-End Closeout is here! Beginning December 3 and while supplies last, you can save big on a selection of retiring and surplus items including holiday catalogue items, stamp sets, and Paper Pumpkin past kits. You’ll want to shop early to avoid missing out! Supplies are limited and popular items will sell out quickly!! This amazing sale ends on January 2 or while supplies last.
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIPS here!
- CLEARANCE RACK: Save up to 60% on great products! They have some items in the clearance rack right now!!