The Free as a Bird stamp set is so pretty and I love the cards that I’ve seen made with this set! I also love that it comes as a bundle with the Stitched Nested Label Dies. You can colour the birds with any colouring tools…but, I especially like to colour them with our Stampin’ Blends!!!
For my card, I chose to do a spotlight technique with colouring only the 2 middle birds then cutting them out to pop them up with dimensionals on to the image on the card.
- Crumb Cake: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Calypso Coral: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Whisper White: 3 ¾” x 5” AND scraps
- Designer Series Paper: 1 ½” x 5”
- Stamp birds on to Whisper White cardstock near the top using Memento black ink. Stamp again on to scrap paper to colour.
- Use Stampin’ Blends to colour middle 2 birds, flowers and leaves. Cut out coloured portion using Paper Snips and adhere to whisper white layer with dimensionals and mini dimensionals.
- Adhere Designer Series Paper to bottom of the whisper white layer using SNAIL. Adhere to Calypso Coral layer.
- Tie the ribbon in a knot, then adhere ends of the ribbon to the backside of the two layers using Tear & Tape or a piece of tape. Adhere all layers to Crumb Cake card.
- Stamp greeting on scrap paper using Calypso Coral ink.
- Use a die cutting machine with Stitched Nested Label Dies (1 ?” x 2 ¼”) to cut out greeting then add to the card using dimensionals.
July Stampin’ News:
- Stampin’ Up! has added tons of stamp sets to the Clearance Rack and they are only available while supplies last! See all the discounted products here
- Bonus Days are coming July 1st and that means, it’s nearly time to start earning coupon codes to redeem in August!
Here’s how it works: For every $60 you spend July 1-31 (before shipping and tax), you earn a $6 Bonus Days coupon code that can be redeemed August 1-31.
- Starter Kit Promotion
If you’ve been thinking about becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, starting July 1st is the time to turn that thought into action!
Here’s how you can get lots of extra value by signing up!
New demonstrators who sign up between July 1 and August 31 will receive an additional $40 that they’ll be able to put toward their Starter Kit (pay only $135 and choose $205 worth of products).THEN, as an additional bonus, you’ll receive a $14 coupon code the following month!
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIPS here!
- CLEARANCE RACK: Save up to 60% on great products! They have some items in the clearance rack right now!!