Watercolouring is fun to do on Shimmery White cardstock! For this card, I used black embossing powder and then watercoloured with 3 different ink colours and an Aquapainter. I heat embossed on Vellum cardstock with Black Embossing powder and I love how you can still see the pattern through after your add the greeting and add the layer to the card!
- Terracotta Tile: 5 ½” x 8 ½“, scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic Black: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Shimmery White: 3 ¾” x 5”
- Vellum Cardstock: 1 ½” x 4 ½”
- Wipe Embossing Buddy all over the Shimmery White cardstock before stamping. (This will eliminate the static of the paper and help to not have embossing powder all over.
- Stamp the flower randomly on the Shimmery White cardstock using Versamark.
- Sprinkle Black Embossing Powder, tap off excess and heat set with Heat Tool.
- Use an Aquapainter to watercolour some flowers with Rococo Rose ink and some with Terracotta Tile ink.
- Watercolour the background around flowers with Seaside Spray ink.
- Stamp an extra flower on scrap Shimmery White cardstock, watercolour with Terracotta Tile ink. Let dry then add some Wink of Stella to add shimmer. Cut out with Paper Snips.
- Wipe Embossing Buddy all over the Vellum cardstock, then stamp greetings with Versamark ink. Sprinkle Black Embossing Powder, tap off excess and heat set with Heat Tool.
- Adhere all layers to the card base. With the Vellum, you can use the Fine-Tip Glue Pen and add some glue behind the lettering and behind where the flower will cover.
- Add dimensionals to the back of the cut-out flower and add to the card.
August Stampin’ News:
- Join Stampin’ Up! & order the Holiday Catalogue products a month before they launch!
If you’ve been thinking about joining Stampin’ Up!, now is the time to turn that thought into action!
Here’s how you can get lots of extra value by signing up!
New demonstrators who sign up between July 1 and August 31 will receive an additional $40 that they’ll be able to put toward their Starter Kit (pay only $135 and choose $205 worth of products).THEN, as an additional bonus, you’ll receive a $14 coupon code the following month!
- WEEKLY NEWSLETTER & TUTORIALS: Sign up for my newsletter to get updates, specials & card ideas!
- JO JO POINTS: Earn free stamps with my VIP reward program!
- New to Stampin’ Up? Check out my STAMPING 101 TIPS here!
- CLEARANCE RACK: Save up to 60% on great products! They have some items in the clearance rack right now!!