Happy Friday! Today's project is a great project to get you started stamping this weekend. This idea is a great way to get yourself organized, or a wonderful gift idea for someone you want to share your recipes with. These DIY recipe cards feature Stampin' Up's Perfect Mix stamp set and Envelope Punch Board to create them.
This stamped project was shared with fellow demonstrators in a project sheet swap I participate in and I am so glad to be able to share the instructions on how to make these DIY recipe cards with you!
How To Make These DIY Recipe Cards:
1. With your computer print your recipes 4 to a page onto Whisper White cardstock, make sure to leave space for stamping the images in one corner and space to add a strip of patterned paper along the bottom as shown. Cut the recipe cards out at 5-1/2” x 4-1/4”. This box can fit 18-20 recipe cards.
2. Stamp the baking images from the Perfect Mix stamp set in the top right corners of the recipe cards using So Saffron and Wisteria Wonder ink. Add a strip of Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack to the bottom of each card.
3. Stamp the oven mitt from the Perfect Mix stamp set in So Saffron and “Baking Makes Life Sweeter” in Wisteria Wonder. Cut the stamped images out using the Big Shot and the Stitched Shapes circle Framelit.
To create the DIY recipe box:
1. Create the recipe box by scoring the 9” square Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack in the Envelope Punch Board by punching/scoring at 3-5/8” AND 4-1/2” on the first side, then turning the paper 45 degrees and lining up the first score lines to punch and score. Repeat until all 4 sides have been punched and scored twice. Round the corners of all points on the top of the punch board.
2. Cut off the small squares on the inside corners of your envelope/box and fold in on all the score lines to create a box. Adhere using Fast Fuse, leaving top of box open.
3. Insert the diy recipe cards into the box and fold the top down.
4. Wrap a strip of Wisteria Wonder Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack around the box and adhere to itself in the front to create a belly band that can slide off. Attach the “Baking” stamped and die cut circle to the front using Stampin' Dimensionals to hide the seam.
Whisper White Card Stock: 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” (recipe cards) and 3” x 3” So Saffron DSP: 9” x 9” Wisteria Wonder DSP: 12” x 1-1/2” scored at 3”, 3-1/2”, 8-1/4” and 8-3/4” (belly band) DSP strips (bottom of recipe cards: 5 1/2” x 3/4”
Stampin' Up Stamps:
Perfect Mix -142930 wood, 142933 clear-mount
Stampin' Up Paper:
Whisper White-100730, Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack-138437
Stampin' Up Ink:
So Saffron-126957; Wisteria Wonder-126985
Other Stamp Supplies and Tools:
Envelope Punch Board-133774, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies-145372, Big Shot-143263, Simply Scored Board-122334, Fast Fuse-129026, Stampin’ Dimensionals-104430
Have a wonderful weekend! I hope you get a chance to do some stamping this weekend and maybe make your own DIY recipe cards!
2017 OCCASIONS CATALOGUE– NEW Spring Catty!! Check it out! Available January 4th to May 31st
SALE-A-BRATION– Choose a FREE Sale-A-Bration product with every $60 you spend before taxes and shipping! January 4th to March 31st! NEW freebies coming February 21st!
CLEARANCE RACK– Save up to 60%
JO JO POINTS– Earn free stamps with my Jo Jo Points Program